Replicate Data in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.5

01-23-2023 02:45 PM
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello… asking this one on behalf of a fellow colleague:

I am trying to create a replica in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.5 (tried same thing in Oracle and PostgreSQL). I have watched Esri demo's where they are adding datasets to replicate as opposed to adding individual feature classes. When trying it at the dataset level I get an error that says 'none of the data can be replicated." It is all versioned with global IDs. I can prove this by creating a replica and pulling in every last feature class that exists within the dataset. When I do it this way, I can create a replica. The only thing I can think of is the fact that within any given dataset, we also have relationship classes. Perhaps those database objects are being pulled into the create replica wizard as well? Could be a bug? If anyone has run into this issue before please let me know. Google isn't being much help on this one.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

wizard or did you try the tool

Create Replica (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

main requirements are listed here

Prepare data for replication—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

and specific ones are in the options for the aforementioned tool.

I don't do enterprise, but I suspect that the help may contain some info that Google can't locate

... sort of retired...
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Thank you Dan!  

I'll forward the information to my colleague and let you know if it worked.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Dan,

It seems this did not work for my colleague.  Much thanks for your attempt to help!

Amanda Bishop, GISP
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Tech Support.... I suppose

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

So my understanding is relationship classes are supported in Geodatabase Replication so I don't think that's the problem.  One test to consider is create a NEW feature dataset, copy/paste all the feature classes from the existing feature dataset minus the one that has the relationship class, try to create the replica.  Does the tool succeed or fail?  If it fails, then likely something is up for the feature class with the relationship class.  Let me know what you discover.

0 Kudos