Remove Service Layer Credits

Jump to solution
11-10-2016 02:56 PM
MeleKoneya
Regular Contributor

I would like to be able to remove the Base map Service Layer Credits.

I think it is confusing for the map user as it looks like it is the source for the data shown and not the base map

Is there a way to do this?

16 Replies
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Took me a minute, but I figured it out.  I have no issues with having the credits on the layout, what I have an issue with is how long they are.  Instead of:

Sources: Esri, HERE, Garmin, Intermap, increment P Corp., GEBCO, USGS, FAO, NPS, NRCAN, GeoBase, IGN, Kadaster NL, Ordnance Survey, Esri Japan, METI, Esri China (Hong Kong), swisstopo, OpenStreetmap contributors, and the GIS User community

Why can't it be ?

Source: (c) 2019 Esri and business partners

Many of the other sources in this list are not worldwide.  For instance, in the US, Esri Japan and Esri China and Kadaster NL (among others) have no content here, so why list them?  I realize this is called the World Topographic map but surely you see my issue.  

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Josh.  Software development is aware of your concerns.  There is an existing enhancement request that we hope to address as soon as possible.  If you are interested in tracking via customer support, the number is: ENH-000098885.

Thanks,

Jeff

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

https://community.esri.com/ideas/16121 is fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.6, scheduled for release in late July.

DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

Totally agree.  It just makes my layout looks messy.  I know people want their credit, but its really annoying having it somewhat forced into the map.  I've actually taken to to making my bottom rectangle overrun the map frame to cover them up.

0 Kudos
Fahad
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Jeff for great help,
It saved my tricky map...!

0 Kudos
jhdn490
New Contributor

Thank You for that.   I was looking for a while.   It took your specific instructions for me to move the credits off the map.

0 Kudos
JamiePearlstein
New Contributor II

You can turn off the visibility of the service credits by doing the following:

While you are in the layout, click on the Insert tab, then go to Dynamic Text and select Service Layer Credits. In any area of the layout, create a small rectangle with the crosshairs. Now the service layer credits within this triangle has become a text box listed in the Contents pane and you can de-select it so it doesn't appear on the layout.