Remove Service Layer Credits ArcPro

Jump to solution
04-12-2021 02:49 PM
CA_NC_-_KimDeniz__GISS_
New Contributor

Hello, 

How do you remove the Service Layer Credits in ArcPro?

In ArcMap (Insert> Dynamic Text> it highlights and you can remove the layer credits to the side). 

I can't do this workflow in ArcPro. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

You can do this in Pro! This video shows you where the option is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm96Qiy8gy0

In the video the cartographer restyles the credits, but you can also turn off their visibility in the Contents Pane while working on your layout. 

Cheers,
Aubri

View solution in original post

Those default credits sitting in the bottom corner of your layout's maps could look better. They used to drive me crazy until I learned from Heather Smith how to manage them. Here's how. May you go forth with well styled credits! Check out some other social channels where I share how-to's and ...
14 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

You can do this in Pro! This video shows you where the option is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm96Qiy8gy0

In the video the cartographer restyles the credits, but you can also turn off their visibility in the Contents Pane while working on your layout. 

Cheers,
Aubri
Those default credits sitting in the bottom corner of your layout's maps could look better. They used to drive me crazy until I learned from Heather Smith how to manage them. Here's how. May you go forth with well styled credits! Check out some other social channels where I share how-to's and ...
EmelineRenz
New Contributor III

John is hilarious. He creates great content. 

However, i am noticing that the basemap credits are Repeated for Every Map Frame, even if they use the same basemap. This means I get repeated Credits; multiple Esris USGSs, etc. etc. See attached screenshot

Can logic be built into this function to NOT repeat sources? If creditvalue is in list, then don't add to list?

Thanks for considering! #notAMonster

ThaddeusIp1
New Contributor

NOT repeating sources would be great! I just ran into this issue.

0 Kudos
JScottLane
New Contributor II

Nope - this example is ArcMap, not Pro. In other solutions the description is just plain wrong. Here is the answer in ArcPro:

1. Do NOT activate the layout, but select it (you'll see drag handles at the corners)
  2. Click on "Map Frame" at the top of the window.
  3. Click on "Dynamic Text" dialogue box (you cannot imagine my joy at seeing this after following bad instructions several times)
  4. Scroll down a long list to get to a group called "Layer Credits" and select "Service Layer Credits."
  5. Draw a box anywhere on the layout. 
  6. Then, with unrepressed joy overfilling your psyche, move that text box off to the side. Note: this does not in any way suggest that I am supporting not accurately crediting source data - always credit your source layer when distributing content. 
MichaelMillerTvcc
New Contributor

The detailed step-by-step is great. There were a number of helpful responses on this post, but this is the one that I found most useful. Cheers.

0 Kudos
CA_NC_-_KimDeniz__GISS_
New Contributor

Thank you!

Dynamic Text> Click and pull to the side! 

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is also similar to ArcMap. You should be able to move the Service Layer Credits outside the Map Layout.

1. Go to the Insert tab
2. Click on Dynamic Text
3. Scroll down and click Service Layer Credits (under Layout header).
4. Select the Service Layer Credits on the Map Layout, if required. You should be able to move the service layer credits now.

Jayanta_Poddar_1-1618264991094.png

Jayanta_Poddar_2-1618265537802.png

Think Location
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oops! Too late 😅

Think Location
0 Kudos
JScottLane
New Contributor II

Here is the answer in ArcPro:

1. Do NOT activate the layout, but select it (you'll see drag handles at the corners).
  2. Click on "Map Frame" at the top of the window.
  3. Click on "Dynamic Text" dialogue box (you cannot imagine my delight at seeing this after following bad instructions several times)
  4. Scroll down a long list to get to a group called "Layer Credits" and select "Service Layer Credits."
  5. Draw a box anywhere on the layout. 
  6. Then, with unrepressed joy overfilling your psyche, move that text box off to the side.