Rematch Addresses

08-15-2018 09:42 AM
MadonnaAragon
New Contributor II

Hello, your kindest help will be highly appreciated.

Please see the attachment picture for details with labels in red numbers.

I have a bunch of addresses (label #1) that I need to rematch. Is there an option that the map will not zoom out (label #5 and #11) every time I choose a new row (Label #10)?

Here's my steps to rematch an address:

Label # 1 = Click the row

Label # 2 = Click the geocoding layer

Label # 3 = Mouse over Data

Label # 4 = Click Rematch

Label # 5 = the map will zoom out

Label # 6 = zoom to the road 

Since the next row is just a neighbor, is there an option that once I repeat the steps from Label # 1 with the next row (Label #10), the map (Label #11) will not zoom out?

Or is there a better procedure on how to rematch an address?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
EricAnderson17
Occasional Contributor

Hi Madonna Aragon

Have you considered using Bookmarks so you can easily go back to the same extent you were just at?

-Eric

0 Kudos
MadonnaAragon
New Contributor II

Bookmark has the same downtime with zoom in of the road. Is there another option to rematch the neighborhood addresses?

0 Kudos
EricAnderson17
Occasional Contributor

Hi Madonna, 

The current functionality looks like - If your unmatched addresses have possible candidates in the Rematch Addresses pane, you could simply click on one of the candidates to zoom in closer to it. Otherwise, if there are no possible candidates, the map will zoom to the full extent of the data. 

How would you expect/want it to behave? When you cycle through the unmatched addresses to keep the same map extent? Maybe there could be a checkbox in the pane so one could toggle this on and off?

I would be more than happy to write up an enhancement request for this to send to our product teams if you could provide a summary about what type of functionality you're looking for and how it would be beneficial to you and others. 

Cheers!

Eric

0 Kudos
MadonnaAragon
New Contributor II

Hi Eric,

It will be great if there will be improvement in the procedure to rematch a neighborhood addresses. Thank you in advance for your help to make it possible.

Your idea to have the checkbox in the pane so one could toggle this on and off is a better one.  Please help to implement it if possible. The map will not zoom out every rematch of address if we are geocoding a neighborhood.

Is it possible also that the Locate Locate button on the Map tab will be connected with the rematch addresses? I tried to search the location using the Locate button and I found the exact location but once I go to rematch addresses, it will zoom-out again the map. I need to manually find the exact location. It will be better if the map will stay with the result of the  Locate Locate since it is already on the exact house location and I just need to do the steps 7,8,and 9 of my first screen display.

I look forward that you will make the arcgis user friendly and eliminate all possible downtimes to make a map faster. 

I hope you are open for suggestions.  More suggestions to come.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
EricAnderson17
Occasional Contributor

Hi Madonna Aragon‌,

I went ahead and logged this internally under the following Enhancement:

ENH-000116194: The Rematch Addresses pane in ArcGIS Pro should have an option to maintain the current map extent when cycling through records.

However, I would definitely advise you to post this (or any other improvement suggestions you have) on our ArcGIS Ideas page as well. This way, other users can see your idea and promote it, letting our product teams have a clear idea of how many users would benefit from this enhancement. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and hope you have a great upcoming weekend!

Eric