Select to view content in your preferred language

Relate issue

Jump to solution
12-13-2023 09:05 AM
Labels (2)
acresbreifne
Emerging Contributor

I have tried to relate a feature layer to a standalone table. The standalone table contains multiple data relating to individual features within the feature layer. I used the appropriate attribute fields to create the relate, but when I go to view the relate via the "Related data" the resulting table is greyed out and cannot be selected...(see attached screengrab below- sensitive data blanked out)

I am not sure if&what I am doing wrong here, does anyone have any ideas?

Relate_issue.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

The Add Relate GP tool (workflows) are for all licenses - Basic, Standard, and Advanced.  I'll do some more digging...

View solution in original post

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

So I reproduced what you're experiencing as well.  I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1.

1. Created a relate with an Excel file - worked as expected.
2. Created a relate with a CSV file - did not work and is grayed out as you saw.

Wondering if this a BUG...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

What release of ArcGIS Pro are you using?  The reason I ask is because there's a bug at ArcGIS Pro 2.9 and earlier releases - "BUG-000123993 - When a relate is created in ArcGIS Pro with a Comma Separated Value (CSV) file, the Explore tool does not show related data of the CSV file."

0 Kudos
acresbreifne
Emerging Contributor

Version 3.2. I have no problems create a Join, just not Relate...I also have a basic license; perhaps that is the issue?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

The Add Relate GP tool (workflows) are for all licenses - Basic, Standard, and Advanced.  I'll do some more digging...

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

So I reproduced what you're experiencing as well.  I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1.

1. Created a relate with an Excel file - worked as expected.
2. Created a relate with a CSV file - did not work and is grayed out as you saw.

Wondering if this a BUG...

acresbreifne
Emerging Contributor

OK thanks, good to know it isn't solely related to my experience.

In the meantime I need to come up with a workaround....if anyone has any ideas please pass them on!!