Select to view content in your preferred language

Re: Switching Data Sources in ArcGIS Pro

11-16-2020 07:51 AM
MarcelSt-Germain
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Maybe I'm very stupid but I can't change datasource in my project.  I check the information in https://pro.arcgis.com/fr/pro-app/help/projects/update-data-sources.htm but, can't understand and find my way in.

I try to use catalog view but, can't find the updates menu.

I try, to do in my map, and database view, data source of the map I use,  a right clic on the  database I want to change. But I only have : Change version, Change Moment, Manage version and Refresh all in gray.  It's there the right place for us to easy change datasource.  

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Frequent Contributor

Marcel,

The Update group is only visible from a Catalog VIEW, not a Catalog PANE.  In Pro, navigate to View, Catalog View.  This opens a "fullscreen" version of catalog, not the nested pane that most of us are more likely to habitually use.  Next click the Catalog tab at the top of Pro.  Now you should see a Datasources - Update tab.  

Does that work for you?

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
MarcelSt-Germain
Frequent Contributor

Hi, thanks.  

Unfortunately, doesn't see the way to do it.  Yes, now I have use "catalog view". I see all layers but, like in pane view (TOC), all layers are list not the sources of the parent link.  So or I'm mistaken or ESRI haven't make a change datasource.

For me I need to change all layers from a source to an other one like from base 1 to base 2.

For now I have to broke the link and reopen the project to make the change.  In ArcMap, I use Xtools to make fast and easy datasource change.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are these SDE data sources that you are trying to change?

0 Kudos
MarcelSt-Germain
Frequent Contributor

No, simple file database change.  z:path/base1 to z:path/base2 .  All layers are the same in these databases.

0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Frequent Contributor

Did you try the "Find and Replace", as described at the bottom of this link:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/projects/update-data-sources.htm

It seems like you ought to be able to globally replace  "z:path/base1" with "z:path/base2".

See attached screen shot.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
MarcelSt-Germain
Frequent Contributor

Thanks,

Awkward to use since having a path to write (remembering dos time) , instead of selection folder like individual files.  But work, even if it takes forever to apply.

But, again, not as simple as choosing the database, right click and choose the new path.

Appreciate your help.