Select to view content in your preferred language

Rasters and AGOL

01-04-2023 07:25 AM
Labels (1)
JohnHindle7
Emerging Contributor

I have created several mosaic rasters and experimented with different workflows to get them on AGOL with success. The most recent is using both hosted tile imagery and dynamic tile imagery. 

The issue I'm running into is that whenever I upload my raster datasets to AGOL, I lose my attributes that go along with it. I'm specifically trying to retain a floor height attribute, and see no where on AGOL where I can add fields, all I get is Pixel value fields.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TarenW
by
New Contributor

Hi @JohnHindle7 

Have you tried the workflow outlined here

0 Kudos
JohnHindle7
Emerging Contributor

No I haven't. I'll take a look and experiment and let you know if it works. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JohnHindle7
Emerging Contributor

So I've tried that solution, but the issue is that the "Build Raster Attribute Table" tool doesn't support mosaic datasets. It also only supports single band rasters, which is fine, as I only need table data, not pixel data.

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

@JohnHindle7 ,

Are you just using ArcGIS Online or are you using ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online?

It is my understanding ArcGIS Online can only host mosaic imagery for visualization as a tiled map service. ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online is required to expose the underlying data for analysis from a mosaic dataset as an image service.

0 Kudos
JohnHindle7
Emerging Contributor

I've tried both ArcGIS Image as well as using the tool in ArcGIS Pro

0 Kudos