Select to view content in your preferred language

Raster Attribute Tables

Jump to solution
08-26-2023 02:00 PM
Craig_Eissler_Iceman
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

When I prefer a raster dataset to include an Attribute Table, I need to create an Integer version of this first (using the Int tool). That's fine, and I understand why. ...However, sometimes this goes ahead and creates the Attribute Table, as well; whereas other times I have to take the next step and Build an Attribute Table using that tool.

...Can anyone explain why sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't?

In addition, I notice that sometimes the added field is named 'Value', and other times it's 'gridcode'.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Keep track of the physical size, bit type and raster type (esri grid, gdb raster, tif, img etc) to see which one requires you to build a raster table

gridcode is usually associated with

Raster to Polygon (Conversion)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

so again what type of raster directly results in gridcode (esri grid?) being in the raster attribute table

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Keep track of the physical size, bit type and raster type (esri grid, gdb raster, tif, img etc) to see which one requires you to build a raster table

gridcode is usually associated with

Raster to Polygon (Conversion)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

so again what type of raster directly results in gridcode (esri grid?) being in the raster attribute table

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JessicaTreanton
New Contributor

I have not been able to find a pattern either but I agree that it is highly unnecessary and causes complications. I would love it if there was an option to specify int in tool outputs so that I don't have to create extra rasters simply to have access to an attribute table.

0 Kudos