"Error switching license manager!"

Jump to solution
08-15-2017 11:37 AM
AndrewKrauska
New Contributor

Following Quick Start for ArcGIS Pro pdf -> Concurrent Use. 

• Converted ArcGIS Pro Named User Lic successfully. 
  • We have already established an ArcGIS Lic Manager for our existing ArcMap/Globe/Scene/Catalog concurrent installations. 
  • Authorized ArcGIS Pro Advanced successfully, our Lic Server Admin shows availability 1 of 1. 
  • But now, after installing ArcGIS Pro and selecting Configure your Lic Options -> Concurrent Use Lic -> when inserting our established Lic Manager we see "Error switching License Manager!" // Invalid Host Name

FQDN and IP does not work.  It's strange that our other Arc concurrent-use products work just fine...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
3 Replies
MichaelMarz3
New Contributor

Hello Andrew,

If you have ArcGIS Pro 2.0 in use, you need to upgrade the licence manager to version 10.5.1.

Please have a look at the following page: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/arcgis-pro/blog/2017/06/12/upgrade-to-license-... 

My Regards,

Michael

AndrewKrauska
New Contributor

Thank you, that is helpful.  I need to confirm now if I am installing Pro 2.0.  Currently what is showing in my License Server Admin is ArcGIS Pro Advanced Version 1.2.  But I have a feeling that is only showing this way from my selection when I initially went to Authorize Now... only Pro 1.2 was available to choose.  When I log into my ESRI account, I see Arc GIS Pro for Desktop Advanced Version 10.4 - This is a little confusing, this is what I converted for authorization.  Should I preform the Upgrade to License manager 10.5 regardless?  I had assumed because my ESRI account showed "Version 10.4" under Pro that my Lic Manager was acceptable to still be 10.4 as well. 

0 Kudos