Select to view content in your preferred language

"About" page showing version is current when it's clearly outdated

12-14-2023 11:12 AM
Vinzafy
Occasional Contributor

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has come across this issue before. When looking at the "About" page in Pro, it states that my "ArcGIS Pro version is current" despite being at Version 3.0.3.

Though I imagine the easiest fix to update to the most current version would be a simple uninstall/re-install, just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has come across this before.

Vinzafy_0-1702581021454.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No problem on my installation (3.2.1), but I have a standalone installation so I control everything.  If you are part of an organization, perhaps it restricts updates at their leisure.

... sort of retired...
Vinzafy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the comment @DanPatterson and apologies for my delayed one!

Though I am part of an organization, I do have admin control for software installs and updates. I wonder if the update check is being restricted by our overarching IT department's firewall though.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Interesting.  I have not seen this before.  You could do a soft factory reset of ArcGIS Pro without uninstalling/reinstalling the software.  Go to your c:\users\user_profile\appdate\local and c:\users\user_profile\appdate\roaming and rename the Esri folders there to Esri_old.  Restart ArcGIS Pro and see if the update workflow now responds properly.

Vinzafy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply @Robert_LeClair , and apologies for my incredibly delayed one.

I tried the workflow suggested to do a soft factory reset and unfortunately, the update workflow is still claiming that Version 3.0.3 is current. Strange!

I could do the uninstall/reinstall to update, however 3.2 update is not crucial at this time. If there's anything I could provide that could be helpful to figure out what's going on for future releases, please let me know!

One thing to note is that though I am part of an organization, I have admin control to update software as needed. However, maybe the update workflow is being restricted by our overarching IT department's firewall?

Vinzafy_0-1705506126143.png

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

There is a BUG-000144553 - "When the language pack is installed, ArcGIS Pro returns the following message "Your ArcGIS Pro version is current" although a new version is available."  Are you installing any ArcGIS Pro language packs for your ArcGIS Pro installation or are you using solely the English version of  ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
Vinzafy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for pointing me to that bug! Unfortunately that's not what's going on in my case. I'm using solely the English version of Pro.

0 Kudos