Select to view content in your preferred language

Quickly Viewing a Feature Layer by Itself

03-14-2024 08:26 AM
Starc_Industries
New Contributor III

How do you quickly view a feature layer by itself without having to toggle off other layers within a map? Is the only way to add the layer to a new map, which would likely need deletion (to reduce clutter) after viewing?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EdMorris
Esri Contributor

Hi

What you can do is press the <CTRL> key and with the key still pressed in click the visibility tick box of a layer in the Contents pane. This will turn all layer visibility off. And then tick the visibility tick box of the layer you want to display.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Starc_Industries
New Contributor III

Thank you. This is helpful. After viewing the layer in isolation, I can see that I would then need to "undo" my recent visibility toggling actions to restore the visibility of the previously displayed layers. That works, but I was hoping for something a little more efficient like: right-click on a feature layer within the Contents pane and choose "Display layer (by itself) in pop-up window".

0 Kudos
EdMorris
Esri Contributor

Glad i could help.

Although it is not 100% what you're after if it is something you really want then suggest it as an "idea". If enough people up-vote it then the good devs for ArcGIS Pro may have a look at implementing it.

Starc_Industries
New Contributor III

Thank you!

0 Kudos