Question regarding access to the Relative Replica Connection in ArcGIS Pro

03-16-2022 01:57 PM
anonymous_geographer
New Contributor III

Dear Esri experts,

Within ArcGIS Pro (currently running 2.9.2), when accessing a replica's Replica Properties > Advanced tab > Relative Replica Connection, why am I restricted to a Geodatabase file type from the Relative Replica Connection pop-up?

anonymous_geographer_0-1647463131516.png

Drop-down list only shows Geodatabases:

anonymous_geographer_3-1647463860015.png

For us, we use a combination of disconnected replication and connected replication. Our disconnected replicas rely on a geodata service and not a geodatabase. We need to be able to set the relative replica connection to the geodata service for our disconnected replicas. Otherwise, we are forced to manually navigate to the geodata service each time we execute the Synchronize Changes geoprocessing tool.

anonymous_geographer_1-1647463435278.png

ArcMap allows the user to set the Relative Replica Connection to a geodatabase *or* a geodata service, so I would expect to see the same behavior within ArcGIS Pro...?

anonymous_geographer_2-1647463603154.png

Is there a reason that geodata services are not accessible yet for this feature within Pro? Is it a bug, roadmap item, or otherwise?

This issue is causing headaches for our end-users and is slowing our roll-out of Pro. We've been able to band-aid this in the near-term by creating local models in Modelbuilder and deploying those on custom Pro tabs, but it is not the preferred solution.

Thanks for any feedback,

David

2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

@VinceAngelo  - do you have any thoughts about this ArcGIS Pro Replication question and functional equivalency with ArcMap?  Thx!

0 Kudos
anonymous_geographer
New Contributor III

This is not a solution, but an update. Esri Support has confirmed to me that this is a bug with ArcGIS Pro. It is being logged as BUG-000147966. They indicated that there is no current time-table on a fix for this.

0 Kudos