Question about Layout in ArcGIS Pro ?

Jump to solution
06-19-2019 10:45 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

So when I worked on my 1938 historical aerial photo tracking map,  what this means is whenever I worked on orthorecification from Agisoft PhotoScan/MetaShape I worked on and I had to add a new orthos to the Tracking map each time I am done with it. Before I start to work on this in ArcGIS Pro ,  I  import the mxd from ArcMap 10.5.1 to ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2.

As I was working on to make some change or fix or add  in Pro, I copied all of the layers from a Map frame in the Layout to the new Map tab  and make some change to the symbology I worked on.

Now my question to you or anyone who have worked in Pro,  How do I update the Map Frame in the Layout to reflect the change the symbology  from the Map tab ? It would be a nice if the Layout has a Update from the Map Frame I worked on but I don't see any around..

What I did was to copy the layer from Map tab  to the Layout tab and had to update the symbology for one of the layer 

If need to clarify can contact me at 719-281-2119 or  email me here : psiccgis81008@gmail.com

I am in the office from 8:00 to 4:30 pm Mountain Time.  M-F

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Robert, 

You can point the map frame to the map containing the layers with the new symbology. To do this select the map frame, right-click to open the context menu and select properties.  The Element pane should open. You can change the source map for the map frame here.

For example, in the project below I have 2 maps: "Green" and "Blue".  Currently, the map frame is pointing to map "Green".

I can change the map that the map frame uses by clicking the "Map" drop-down and selecting a new map.

The map frame updates to display the new map.

All map surrounds (scale bars, north arrows, table frames, etc...) that reference this map frame will also update to account for the new source map.

For more information please see: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/layouts/add-and-modify-map-frames.htm

Hope this helps, 

Tom

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Robert, 

You can point the map frame to the map containing the layers with the new symbology. To do this select the map frame, right-click to open the context menu and select properties.  The Element pane should open. You can change the source map for the map frame here.

For example, in the project below I have 2 maps: "Green" and "Blue".  Currently, the map frame is pointing to map "Green".

I can change the map that the map frame uses by clicking the "Map" drop-down and selecting a new map.

The map frame updates to display the new map.

All map surrounds (scale bars, north arrows, table frames, etc...) that reference this map frame will also update to account for the new source map.

For more information please see: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/layouts/add-and-modify-map-frames.htm

Hope this helps, 

Tom

PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Thank you @Tom Bole for this information.  It was too late but I will sure remember this and bookmark this for the next time should I came across this...

0 Kudos