Select to view content in your preferred language

Python command prompt not starting

07-25-2020 05:56 AM
NiklasHausmann
Emerging Contributor

I am trying to work through this tutorial and got to the part where deeplearning tools had to be installed into a new environment via the python command prompt. However, the command prompt immediately closes again.

I reinstalled ArcGISPro (2.5) multiple times but had no luck. Running the proenv.bat in ArcGIS/Pro/bin/Python/Scripts as administrator (as suggested elsewhere) did not help. Sadly the window closes so quickly that I cannot read what it said.

I played around with some other ways of installing the tools into a new environment, but given that I know next to nothing about python it seemed to be of little help.

I figured that something during the installation didn't work out properly and I tried to see whether default environment was working ok following instructions here:

from arcgis.gis import GISmy_gis = GIS()m = my_gis.map()m

Which worked fine and displayed the map as expected. 

Any suggestions on what to try next?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

have you activated your cloned environment through arcgis pro's package manager or via conda?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
NiklasHausmann
Emerging Contributor

I have activated it via the package manager. It didn't seem to make a difference.

I should say that I ran the code that I quoted above via the Jupyter Notebook in the start menu not as was suggested via the python command prompt.

0 Kudos
NiklasHausmann
Emerging Contributor

OK, I solved the issue by deleting a corrupt file called ".condarc" which was in my user folder and I assume the product of a different installation.

Thank you Dan for your initiative!