Publishing Errors 00216 and 00230

Jump to solution
04-16-2018 01:48 PM
Intern01
New Contributor

When trying to publish a map I receive two errors.  The first is a 00216 Map does not contain a base map. That is easy to fix and I add one but then it results in a 00230 Service layer has a different projection than the maps's projection.  I can remove the base map layer as that is what is the one using a different projection but then I am back to the first error.  Why do our layers have to match the WGS 1984 projection coordinate system of the basemap. Is there a way around this?

I found someone with a the same issue. coordinate system - Map Publishing Issues? ArcGIS Pro - Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchang...  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

You could create a vector tile service in your coordinate system of choice to use as a basemap.

Insert a New Basemap

Choose data in the coordinate system you need and set the basemap coordinate system to match it.

then share this layer as a web layer in the vector tile format.

Then add this service to your basemap and remove the original source data.

This will give you a basemap to use in the coordinate system you want.

Add operational layer to your MapView and select the basemap that is using the Vector Tile layer you created. Set your maps coordinate system to match the basemap.

When you share this as a webmap,  No errors about coordinate system or basemap.

And it looks like this on ArcGIS Online in the MapViewer

Mark

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

You could create a vector tile service in your coordinate system of choice to use as a basemap.

Insert a New Basemap

Choose data in the coordinate system you need and set the basemap coordinate system to match it.

then share this layer as a web layer in the vector tile format.

Then add this service to your basemap and remove the original source data.

This will give you a basemap to use in the coordinate system you want.

Add operational layer to your MapView and select the basemap that is using the Vector Tile layer you created. Set your maps coordinate system to match the basemap.

When you share this as a webmap,  No errors about coordinate system or basemap.

And it looks like this on ArcGIS Online in the MapViewer

Mark

Intern01
New Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos