Publishing content from ArcGIS Pro 1.2

07-22-2016 09:41 AM
EricHeinrichs
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to publish content from ArcGIS Pro to our Portal, and on the "Share Web Layer" panel I get the error "Unable to acquire a license from the licensing portal" with no information on what this means. We have the licenses on our Portal, and I can sign in and use ArcGIS Pro without problem, but it refuses to let me publish anything.

Is there something that I am missing?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Introduction to sharing web layers—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop pretty well cites these two requirements which you say you have met?

To share a web layer, you must have the following:

• An account that is part of an ArcGIS organization
  • An account that has privileges to create content and publish web layers
EricHeinrichs
Occasional Contributor

Yes, we have a Portal for ArcGIS organisation on our server, using Named Users for licensing ArcGIS Pro, and I am the Administrator of that organisation, and I am logged into that account within ArcGIS Pro. All of our ESRI products are running version 10.3.1, so I should be able to publish the feature layers, but it still insists that it cannot acquire the license. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

well nothing stands out from your description, however, the help flips back and forth between needing 10.3.1 or 10.4 minimum for the version of portal and a reference to arcgis data store for others. and the analyse your resource doesn't seem to mention license issues.

0 Kudos
EricHeinrichs
Occasional Contributor

It's not a critical problem. We will be updating everything at the end of summer, so maybe once we have it all updated to 10.4.1, we can publish from ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

have a look at PRO 1.3, which is out, perhaps the 'issues addressed' document might help

What's new in ArcGIS Pro 1.3—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

Release Notes for ArcGIS Pro 1.3—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos