Select to view content in your preferred language

Problems with Watershed delineation for a Box Coulvert

yesterday
Labels (1)
SaraPaolaRamosRodriguez
New Contributor

Hello everyone!

I am trying to delineate different watersheds to determine the rainwater that would flow into different Box Coulverts along a railway track. However, when I run the Flow Accumulation tool it shows that not much water flows into the Box Coulvert. And I can´t manage to delineate a sensible Watershed. 

I have opted to locate the outlet point in a cell that would collect at least some water, but the watershed that I get is either way too small or considers just one part of the apparent contributing area, which seems very wrong. Here are some pictures to show what I am refering to: 

(The small triangle is the Box Coulvert and the colored area the watershed delineated with the "Watershed Tool" in ArcGIS Pro. The blue lines are not rivers, just the display of the flow accumulation raster, which simbology I adjust in order to see the water flow)

SaraPaolaRamosRodriguez_0-1721912546069.png

Very small watershed (brown area) around the Box Coulvert

SaraPaolaRamosRodriguez_1-1721912732412.png

Would some of you have some recommendation of how can I get a plausible watershed? Maybe I need to use some other configuration when processind the Water Direction and Water Accumulation tool, that is more suitable for very flat areas?

Thanks a lot for your contributions! 

Best regards, 

Sara Ramos

0 Kudos
0 Replies