Select to view content in your preferred language

Problems with all ArcGIS Pro tasks after a geoprocessing tool is used

01-29-2022 12:43 PM
LaurieKurilla1
New Contributor III

After using a geoprocessing tool, for example, "polygon to raster" nothing else works.  The geoprocessing tool completes, and you can close that window, however when I attempt to do anything else  that geoprocessing window pops up again.  I can't SAVE, MINIMIZE, QUIT, SELECT, choose a different tab... NOTHING.  Every subsequent action brings the geoprocessing window back up.  This happens in many different .APRXs.  I have to go into TASK MANAGER and kill the ArcGIS processes.  As a result, my work is lost.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

contact tech support

probably no point in recommending a reinstall, unless this is the first time that tasks have been used and you have no basis to say that they worked before

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
LaurieKurilla1
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

Yes, I have used these geoprocessing tools hundreds of times on many difference .APRXs.  I have been experiencing this problem for about a week now.  I use ArcGIS Pro everyday and for many hours.  I've gotten to the point, where when this happens and I have to kill the process and re-open, after two or three times of doing this I will reboot my laptop.   Today  I upgraded to the newest release and I created a new .APRX with only 2 rasters/layers and ran the geoprocessing tool ("reclassify") and boom same problem.  I have experienced other spurious problems, such as the APRX freezing, as well.  Although, I didn't document exactly what I was doing before this happened.  I'm using an XPS 15 7590 with 32 GB RAM. 2.60 GHz CPU.  Windows 10 Home.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

it could be that you system needs a cleaning.  Have you deleted all caches associated with Pro? emptied/cleaned out temp folders? 

Delete your history?  (and there are lots of other types other than the ones listed in the following)

Geoprocessing history—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

I doubt your computer is the problem and perhaps not even Pro (eg. virus scanning software).

If a house-cleaning doesn't work, I still think Tech Support can make suggestions.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos