Select to view content in your preferred language

Problems repositioning labels converted to Graphics since 3.2 update

12-19-2023 01:52 PM
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Is anyone else experiencing bizarre behavior when repositioning labels converted to graphics since the ArcGIS Pro 3.2 update?

We are finding that it's no longer easy to drag a label with a leader line to a new position. The selection box containing the label, line, and anchor changes shape in unexpected ways, and the label often does not remain where we move it but instead jumps somewhere else when we release it. It's making an already time-consuming task take ten times longer.

HollyTorpey_LSA_0-1703022644640.png
I'm seeing the same problematic behavior with and without a reference scale set.

Has anyone experienced the same thing and does anyone know how to fix it?

- Holly
Tags (3)
6 Replies
HollyTorpey_LSA

Update for anyone else suffering... it seems to drop the label wherever the lower left handle on the selection box is (maybe only if labels are left-justified). 

So dropping the "BNST 13" label here...

HollyTorpey_LSA_0-1703025419749.png

...will place it here:

HollyTorpey_LSA_1-1703025477286.png

Knowing the pattern is helping.

- Holly
HollyTorpey_LSA

@KoryKramer Is this something Esri is aware of? We're only experiencing it in 3.2 and 3.2.1.

- Holly
KathrynV_G
New Contributor

I'm experiencing this issue as well since I've upgraded to 3.2.1, it's quite annoying. 

rwspring
New Contributor

We have also started experiencing this issue. It started after the latest 3.2.1 upgrade.

HollyTorpey_LSA
HollyTorpey_LSA

FYI, I was told at the Developer Summit that this problem will be resolved with the release of Pro 3.3, which should be out before long.

- Holly
0 Kudos