Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem with Export Raster in ArcGIS Pro 2.6.2

11-10-2020 04:34 AM
VeronikaSkalová
Emerging Contributor

After georeferencing raster in tiff format I would like to save it. After using "Save" button - absolutely nothing happens. When I use "Save As.." (setting coordinate system, output name...) the "Failed to export: Failed to export the data" notice occured. How can I get the georefenced data? What is the problem? Thanks, VS

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VeronikaSkalová
Emerging Contributor

Solved. Some bug with entry raster...

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Veronika,  

I see you found a workaround for the problem.  I've seen an issue exactly like this before and wanted to add my findings in case anyone comes across this with the same problem.  

If you have a TIF which after georeferencing and saving wont retain the correct positioning, a good thing to try is exporting the raster to create a new copy.  After creating an identical TIF attempt georeferencing it.  I've found that this has solved the issue for some people in the past.   

I hope this helps,

Lukas 

0 Kudos
VeronikaSkalová
Emerging Contributor

Hi,

unfortunetly I wasn't able to save it, so don't know if it stays on right position. AG Pro wasn't able to go through the saving process. The first tiff was exported from psd format in Gimp - I used lot of types of settings - nothing helped. Then I exported psd to tiff via Zoner and everything was ok.... I didn't have time to find what problem it was in Gimp - must be in settings.

Veronika

0 Kudos
LukasFalk
Esri Contributor

Veronika, 

Did you attempt utilizing the workaround I suggested?  If you create a copy of the raster with ArcGIS Pro with the  Copy Raster tool, attempt then georeferencing the outputted TIF.  

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos