Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem wirth XY Table to Point: mysterious invalid fields

10-16-2022 08:17 AM
Labels (1)
RArosio
New Contributor

Hello

I am struggling to load points on a csv table using XY Table To Point (Data Management). The error I receive is either "invalid field type" or "TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'int' and 'str'"(see attached) depending on whether I run the tool through a custom toolbox I created or directly using the tool from the Toolboxes list. I double-checked several times and I cannot find any problem with the fields in the csv.

Any help is very welcome.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

I am using AGP 3.0.2 and XY Table To Point worked OK on the csv sample you provided (POINT_X and POINT_Y - WGS84) although it threw a warning that it dropped field Shape_Leng from the output. This field name is usually the truncated version of Shape_Length to meet the shapefile/dBase 10 character limit and might be being treated as reserved? I renamed it as Length and ran the tool again without throwing a warning. Points generated successfully off the coast of Ireland.

Also, people have reported problems associated with Excel when upgrading to 3x. Esri:" These behaviors are caused by a missing 64-bit Microsoft Access Database Engine driver. ArcGIS Pro 3.0 requires the Microsoft .NET 6 Desktop Runtime – Windows x64 Installer, along with the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable 64-bit driver for Excel".

0 Kudos
RArosio
New Contributor

Thanks for looking into it Barry, and yes, they should be offshore Ireland. I use AGP 2.8.1

0 Kudos