Problem uploading data to corporate geodatabase

115
3
Jump to solution
08-02-2022 12:24 PM
Labels (3)
mxcarreno
New Contributor II

Good afternoon everyone,

I created a model identical to another which works perfect in Arcmap. The model exports the result of a Vehicle Routing Problem to the connected geodatabase which, in turn, updates the company's SAP information. However, in Arcmap it works great because it does that process, but the same model in ArcGIS Pro doesn't.

The model runs without errors but it does not update the SAP information, it seems that it is a problem of connectivity to the geodatabase but it is also strange because in another different model, the information is downloaded from there without problem. The inconvenience is presented in the reverse direction to upload the information.

Perhaps it has to do with the type of path to the geodatabase that Arcgis Pro uses since it is located on the C drive plus the Windows user, unlike Arcmap which connects without specific route. I've tried adding the database file to the model from Favorites and it doesn't work either.

If anyone can help me, that would be awesome because I really don't know where is the error located, thanks.

PS: The connection to the database is done through Oracle.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mxcarreno
New Contributor II

Solved. 

I had not assigned the corresponding fields to fill the Field Map. The attribute table was created empty and therefore the information in SAP was not updated.

Thank you very much to all.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Frequent Contributor

The first place is start is to run the Analyze Tools for Pro GP tool.  This will examine a model authored in ArcMap and/or a Python script that works in ArcMap and determine if it will process correctly in ArcGIS Pro.  The GP tool writes out a *.txt file with the results.  Based upon the results of the tool, what did it find? From there, we'll continue troubleshooting.  Also, what release of ArcGIS Pro are you using?

0 Kudos
mxcarreno
New Contributor II

Thank you Robert, I forgot to tell that I created the model from zero. Using the same tools and parameters but I didn't import it directly from the one that I use in Arcmap. The release of ArcGIS Pro is 2.9.3 and of Arcmap is 10.6.0.8321

Anyway, I will run the Analyze Tools to check all the model and see if everything is ok.

Update: The result was:

Analyzing toolbox APC6034(C:\XXXXXXXXXXXX\.tbx) for use within ArcGISPro:

WARNING 001681: Found REMOVED Layer File C:\XXXXXXXXXXXX\Simbologia_Rutas.lyrx within model tool SimbologiaOrdenesRutas_APC6034

WARNING 001681: Found REMOVED Layer File C:\XXXXXXXXXXXX\Simbologia_Ordenes.lyrx within model tool SimbologiaOrdenesRutas_APC6034

That Toolbox contains 4 models where those layer files are used for the fourth one. The third is the one that updates the information in the geodatabase. According to those results, the models have no incompatibilities because, in fact, I also made the others completely new, from scratch. They were not imported.

So I still can't locate the error 😞

0 Kudos
mxcarreno
New Contributor II

Solved. 

I had not assigned the corresponding fields to fill the Field Map. The attribute table was created empty and therefore the information in SAP was not updated.

Thank you very much to all.