Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem starting ArcGIS Pro 3.0 after normal installation

Jump to solution
09-26-2022 07:46 AM
MrG
by
New Contributor III

We installed Pro 3.0 on Windows 10 20H2 and we're having some issues when trying to execute ArcGIS Pro. Basically, it never opens. If you go to the Task Manager, you can see the process ArcGIS Pro with 0% of CPU usage, and remains static at 0% all the time. If you go to the License Manager, it has not checked out the license. You never see the GUI, interface or any menu of Pro. No license errors, no alerts...

We tried on serveral computers with the same result. We even tried in computers that never have had previous releases of the software installed (I mean, completely clean installation). But no difference at all.

Any has had a similar problem? We appreciate any hint.

12 Replies
Kepa
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Have you tried with the new versión 3.0.3 available through myesri site? It is not a standalone patch but an entirely new and complete exe file.

Kepa
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi there,

I write just to let everybody know that this issue is finally fixed.

Thanks to the Esri team and this post seemed a certificate problem. DigiCert Trusted Root G4 and VeriSign Universal Root must be present in the local machine's certificate store (under Trusted Root Certification Authorities) in order to launch ArcGIS PRO.

Regards,

MrG
by
New Contributor III

Thank you Kepa. At last we found out a full solution to the problem. We can see now a notable increase of performance in Pro after lauching using the normal procedure. Launching with the workaround, I mean throught the dotnet, presented a poor performance when editing and working with different basemaps. 

Thanks