Select to view content in your preferred language

Probable bug with relates if referencing same feature class in map

Jump to solution
02-09-2019 11:36 AM
MervynLotter
Regular Contributor

Pro 2.3 and Windows 10

I have been having trouble with relates where it worked in some projects but not others. After trying various options think I have found the source of the problem.

I have a landuse feature class which I use in my relate. However if I include layers files that reference the same feature class within my Contents pane, then the relate fails and displays one of the layer files in the relate table heading but with no data. If I remove these layer files then the relate works. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mervyn,

Thank you for reporting the issue. I've reproduced and logged a new defect report:

BUG-000120043: The incorrect layer's table is opened when selecting related records in ArcGIS Pro.

Workaround: Move the non-related layer under the layer that participates in the relate in the Contents pane.

Our developers will review this defect to determine further action to address this issue. Please contact Esri Technical Support if you'd like to track the status of the defect. Esri Support 888-377-4575 Esri Support Contact Support 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mervyn,

1. Is the landuse feature class the origin or destination within the relationship class? You can find out by looking at the properties of the relationship class itself.
  2. You say "if I include layers files that reference the same feature class within my Contents pane" - to clarify, does the layer file reference the landuse feature class or another feature class that's part of the relationship?
  3. Tell us more about the relationship: is it a 1:1, 1:M? does lanuse relate to a table or another feature class?
  4. You say "then the relate fails and displays one of the layer files in the relate table heading but with no data." - how are you working with the relate? In the attribute table, or somewhere else?
  5. When you created the layer file, did you turn off fields or change field aliases or make any other modifications to the layer before creating the file on disk?
  6. Can you post some screenshots to help clarify these things?

Thanks for any additional clarification.

-Scott

0 Kudos
MervynLotter
Regular Contributor

Hi Scott

Thanks for writing. I respond below to your questions.

1.  Destination

2. Yes, the layer files references the landuse FC but the layer file is not directly part of the relationship. In ArcMap, I think all the landuse referenced layer files would have opened, not just the one in the relate. 

3.  One to many

4. I open the table to which I have added the relate, I then select a record, then I go to Data>Related Data, select my relate, and the related records are not shown. As soon as I remove the lyrx file, and I repeat this process, then the relate shows me the correct attributes from the landuse layer.

5. No

6. I can go one better and provide the data set to you. Dropbox - RelateBug.rar 

Firstly, load the Landuse layer and Landuse_Statistics table from the geodatabase. Open up the Landuse_Statistics table and create a relate to Landuse using the Land_use field in both. Select any field from Landuse_statistics and confirm that relate works. Then add the Excluded Lands.lyrx (set the data source to Landuse) file and repeat this process, the relate wont work. 

Thanks for looking into this.

Mervyn

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mervyn,

Thank you for reporting the issue. I've reproduced and logged a new defect report:

BUG-000120043: The incorrect layer's table is opened when selecting related records in ArcGIS Pro.

Workaround: Move the non-related layer under the layer that participates in the relate in the Contents pane.

Our developers will review this defect to determine further action to address this issue. Please contact Esri Technical Support if you'd like to track the status of the defect. Esri Support 888-377-4575 Esri Support Contact Support