Select to view content in your preferred language

Pro Slowing down with addtional Maps and Layouts

07-10-2019 05:50 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pro seems to slow down prohibitively as more maps and layouts are added to a project file (i.e. 12+ maps and layouts), and I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue or found solutions.

To clarify, I do not have multiple maps or layouts open. The project contains multiple maps and layouts, but Pro operates very slowly even if I only have one map open.

As a result, I have had to divide up one of my projects. This however defeats one of the key pluses of Pro which is that you can keep maps and layouts within the same project.

Tags (1)
1 Reply
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Pro does have performance issues, but, not with a project with many maps and layouts. We've pushed the envelope with several hundred of each with no (addition) performance degradation. 

• Save your project with all maps and layouts closed; when you open it with them already open, Pro can take 20+ minutes to open
  • Export all your maps and layouts as map and layout files, open them in another project, save, close, open. Same issue?

Your quickest resolution will be with tech support, GN solves a lot of issues, but performance has never been one of them.