Pro says it crashed when closing

10-15-2019 06:53 AM
ScottWagoner
New Contributor III

I am using the most updated version of ArcGIS Pro (2.4.2). 

Every time I close Arcpro completely, I get a pop-up that tells me Pro has crashed,would I like to send feedback.  It doesn't matter if I just saved, or if I didn't save. 

This started sometime last week.  The only thing that changed I believe is my windows updated.  I am currently using Windows 10 Pro version 1809, OS build 17763.805.

Pro is saving everything, and nothing seems to be missing, it is just annoying to have that pop up every time I close.

Does anyone else seem to be having this issue? 

Is there any way to fix it?

Tags (1)
9 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Sorry that you're experiencing a crash, Scott.  Have you been submitting the error reports along with your email address?  Here is some background on how the process works: ArcGIS Desktop Error Reporter Learns Its Manners 

If you attach the .dmp files from C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports we can take a look.  The filename contains the version, date and time:

The best advice is if you are experiencing a crash consistently to contact Technical Support: Esri Support Contact Support 

ScottWagoner
New Contributor III

I submit about halve the time.  I open and close so many instances throughout the day, I just try to get through the error.  Next time I will include the dmp file.

Thanks for the tip

TRD
by
New Contributor II

Hello, I am having the same issue in 2022. Every time I close the program it says "ArcGISPro has stopped working" and asks about filing an error report. I did this a few times but I no longer do as it's a waste of time to do it every single time I close the program. I suppose it's relatively harmless, but is there any info on why it might be doing this?

The error report info is:

Product version: ArcGIS Pro 2.3.0.15769
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise 19042 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10610U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Processor cores: 8
CPU capabilities: SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, PCLMULQDQ, POPCNT, SSE42, CMPXCHG16B, XSAVE, OSXSAVE, BMI1, BMI2, ADX, AES, AVX, FMA, AVX2, RDRAND, RDSEED
Memory: 16 GB Physical RAM
Hard drives: 476 GB Drive
Graphics card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 27.20.100.8587 1920 x 1080 x 4294967296 colors 20200805000000.000000-000 1024 MB
Graphics configuration: Generic PnP Monitor DPI 144*144
System display language: en-AU
Software display language: en-US
Number of monitors: 2

JonathanWhite1
New Contributor III

My office has been experiencing the same issue. We have tried a number of things including registry checking and repair install and nothing seems to help.

0 Kudos
MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III

Has anyone figured this out, no matter how I close Pro, 98% of the time it resorts to "Shutting down... (Not Responding) on the window frame, then just utilizes 100% of my cpu until I kill it in task manager...

AnthonyJonesRSK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Michael,

I've started seeing the same issue with 3.0 where Pro just crashes every time I try to close it and I then need to kill it in task manager. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Thanks

Anthony

0 Kudos
DouglasA
New Contributor

I have this problem if I enable OpenGL in Display settings. If I switch back to DirectX then projects close as expected.

ttencer
New Contributor II

Switching to DirectX work for me. (ArcGIS Pro 3.0.4)

KelleyBrumley
New Contributor

can somebody please answer this?!! why is there a message board if questions are never answered? Its been 4 years and still no answer.