PRO Package Project - Database not found message

06-19-2020 10:24 AM
JeanetteHarlow1
New Contributor III

I am packaging a project to a file in PRO.  But the packaging is failing.

I analyse the project before packaging and it does not turn up any errors. 

The packaging process runs fine for about 6 minutes and then I get a message "failed to package".

The message log says "the database was not found".  I am unsure what database the error is referring to so am not sure how to move forward.  It's a bit vague.  

I have gone through all my maps and everything seems in order.

Is anyone familiar with this problem and how to move forward?

**EDIT**  I have tried to "Upload package to Online account" rather than save as a file.  I also eliminated layers, one by one, to determine if there was a bad file that impeded the packaging.  These did not yield any positive outcomes.  I am still getting a failed message.

18 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jeanette,

I recently had this problem. Do you happen to have the 'Share outside my Organization' button checked? Are you sharing data that is either located in a enterprise gdb or located in a network folder? 

Best,

Luba

0 Kudos
JeanetteHarlow1
New Contributor III

For a second, I was hopeful.

Results:

With the same output as described in OP.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jeanette,

Where is the data coming from? 

Thanks,

Luba

0 Kudos
JeanetteHarlow1
New Contributor III

A small portion of data is from my groups enterprise database, but most of the data was created and is stored locally.

0 Kudos
JeanetteHarlow1
New Contributor III

Please see my edit in the OP

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jeanette,

Are you still connected to all the databases that are connected in the project? Not just the ones that have data in the contents pane, but all connection that are in the project? Can you refresh the connections, and then retry?

Have you tried creating a new project? Does the same issue happen? 

0 Kudos
LucasMurray2
Occasional Contributor II

Did you ever find an answer to this?  I'm using Pro 2.8.2 and am getting the same message.  I've tried all of the corrections you tried but nothing helps.

0 Kudos
SStopyak_BruceHarris
New Contributor III

I'm seeing the same kind of failure but my log indicates a "The domain was not found." By any chance, was your project "Saved as.." at some point? Mine was and other projects that were never "Saved as..." seem to package just fine.

0 Kudos
JackS-T
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm also receiving the same "the database was not found" message when trying to package a project, and am curious if anyone has found a resolution to this problem, or a way to determine which database this refers to.

Thanks, Jack