Pro crashes when trying to open a specific project

07-11-2018 08:22 AM
IngridMans
Occasional Contributor II

I have a primary Arc Pro project which contains all of my main content that I use on a daily basis. Ever since upgrading to 2.2, Pro crashes whenever I open that project on startup of Pro, with the error message that ArcGIS Pro encountered a serious issue and could not continue and the option to send an error report.

If I open a different project, however, and from there open the problem project, it is fine. I have been unable to identify what the issue is with that project file or contents.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I guess the best thing to do is report the issue with Esri support.

0 Kudos
IngridMans
Occasional Contributor II

I've submitted the error report numerous times now when the the crash happens, but I cannot tell if it is getting pushed through.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

It is best to contact Esri Support directly and create a case and not just submit the error report.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

And try saving the project with a new name and location in case it becomes completely unuseable.  Exporting the data to new copies would also be prudent

kathyhardinwalker
Occasional Contributor

I have a similar issue, when editing, my document crashes over and over. Does anyone experience this as well?

Kathy

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you also working with Pro 2.2?

What kind of data are you editing when the document crashes (e.g. SDE database, file gdb, shapefile, other)?  Do the crashes always occur with the same data source type?

If the data you are having problems editing is on a network, can you try copying the data local to see if that prevents Pro from crashing?  If that is the case, then you would have a use case to show ESRI so they can work on the fundamental issue of using Pro to edit data on a network.

0 Kudos
kathyhardinwalker
Occasional Contributor

Yes Pro 2.2

Data type: feature class

I don't know (always occur with the same data source type). It seems to always happen when editing.

It is on a network.

Yes, I will try copying to see if that stops the problem.

Thank you,

Kathy

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is is a feature class in an SDE geodatabase or a file geodatabase?

If it's in an SDE geodatabase, is it SQL Server, Oracle or other?

Did these crashes occur in previous versions of Pro?

0 Kudos
kathyhardinwalker
Occasional Contributor

It is a SDE gdb on a SQL Server.

Kathy

0 Kudos