Select to view content in your preferred language

Pro Computer Usage

Jump to solution
02-14-2019 12:01 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have noticed that when Pro is running heavy lifts (i.e. raster operations with large rasters) according to my task manager Pro is only using about 15-20% of my CPU and RAM. Am I somehow set to only use one core? Is there a way to make Pro use more of my hardware, or is my computer just limited by the read/write speed to my HDD?

Thank You

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LR
by
Regular Contributor

Some operations cannot be processed in parallel because they are linear (e. g. calculating something that requires the result of previous calculations). Others, like updating table values, can be split because they're independent of each other.

Some tools have a "parallel processing factor" under the Environment tab. Inputting "100%" will create a process for each of your CPU cores. If you want to specify how many processes you want to spawn regardless of your cores, use a number.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LR
by
Regular Contributor

Some operations cannot be processed in parallel because they are linear (e. g. calculating something that requires the result of previous calculations). Others, like updating table values, can be split because they're independent of each other.

Some tools have a "parallel processing factor" under the Environment tab. Inputting "100%" will create a process for each of your CPU cores. If you want to specify how many processes you want to spawn regardless of your cores, use a number.