Pro and webmaps

09-24-2020 10:27 AM
KevinMacLeod3
New Contributor III

If you author a webmap in Pro and upload to AGOL or Portal, it gets the popups and symbology if I understand correctly, and other webmap type of config like scales etc. And eventually it will get parity with the smaller details like numeric settings (decimal places, commas).

Question:  if you then change some of the webmap settings on AGOL and for example change popups or symbology, how do you sync back down to Pro?  If you republish from Pro, is their any way to keep the newer configurations in the webmap and also sync them down to Pro so they are synchronized? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Yes, you can update your map in ArcGIS Pro. In ArcGIS Pro 2.6, we introduced the ability to save web maps.

Hope it helps,

Jonah

0 Kudos
KevinMacLeod3
New Contributor III

Hi Jonah, thank you. That works with a few minor caveats above. I know it asks if you want to overwrite the webmap in favor of local Pro configuration. Now...what about the flip direction, syncing downward from the webmap if that is newer?

0 Kudos
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Did you take a look at the update a map or scene section? Does it help? This is the opposite operation of saving a web map in Pro.

0 Kudos
Patricia_Foster
New Contributor II

I have a similar but hopefully much easier question.  I have been trying to figure out how to get more symbology in WebMaps.  I have a layer (shared from my Org as Feature Service?  But it shows in Enterprise as a "Layer") and I changed the symbology in PRO.  I then Shared the layer to Enterprise/our Org, and I now have it as a "Layer" in MyContent.  I want to Add it to a WebMap.  I thought I could "Publish" my layer as a Hosted Feature Service, but I don't get the option to do this when I click on the Layer under MyContent.  How can I get my desired symbology for that layer in PRO, up to MyContent - so that it's useable/can be Added to my WebMap?  Maybe I shared it the wrong way in PRO??

0 Kudos