Pro 2.3 many GP tools (PW Intersect, Clip) don't work

02-15-2019 04:44 PM
GabrielMarcus1
Occasional Contributor II

Maybe too vague of a title.

I upgraded to 2.3 because I was excited at some of the cool features. 

Unfortunately the following GP tools just sit and spin...

Pairwise intersect

Intersect

Clip

Spatial Join

[probably more to be added here as I do other work]

This behavior is new with 2.3. 

I did a squeaky clean install of 2.3 after I noticed issues with the upgrade. 

When I click run..the tool displays "running..." but no messages are displayed and after a half hour to intersect a few polygons and about 100 points there's still no progress. 

Clicking stop doesn't stop the tool. It just says "Canceling..." and sits there. 

Clicking the window close X doesn't close the program. I must go into task manager to kill it. 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

So uninstalling the Data Interoperability extension resolved this issue for you?

0 Kudos
GabrielMarcus1
Occasional Contributor II

Probably? 

I completed the routine I posted above to delete whatever was causing the issue. 

I deleted a few other folders that tech support said probably didn't make a difference. I basically wiped out anything that said ArcGIS Pro on it (and possibly some stuff from 10.5.1 that looked pro-y).

Uninstalling the Data Op extension was one of the things I did. 

I didn't start with the squeaky clean prep. I did a "repair", then an uninstall and reinstall first, and I could tell there was "something" that was left behind and gumming things up. I didn't uninstall Data Interop the first few times I uninstalled Pro. The last time, I did and it was successful. I can't say if it was Data Interop, but it might have been. Maybe it was the chicken sacrifice? 

All I know is, I'm going to wait a month after 2.3 patch 2 comes out and buy another chicken. 

0 Kudos
deleted-user-7SLqM7dlvYNN
New Contributor III

Yes, uninstalling data interop resolved this issue for me. I'd moved through a number of versions and patches with upgrades and downgrades because of testing/bugs/issues so I'm guessing there was a conflict. I haven't yet applied data interop again as I need to upgrade to 2.3 or 2.3.1 and will then try applying it.

0 Kudos
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

Mark Peacey Was the data interop you needed to uninstall installed before or after you installed ArcGIS Pro 2.3? Was it perhaps an older version of data interop, like the 2.2 version?

0 Kudos
deleted-user-7SLqM7dlvYNN
New Contributor III

I think at one point I did have 2.3 Pro with 2.2 Interop installed. I uninstalled 2.3 and reinstalled 2.2.4 and that didn't fix the issue, I had to remove Data Interop for Pro to work properly.

0 Kudos