Pro 2.3 - Layout Element Shadow Outlines

02-21-2019 08:37 AM
TonyHowze
Occasional Contributor

Is anyone else getting random shadow outlines on their elements when moving the element around after setting the background color?  I select my element such as my scale bar, go to the background properties, set the background fill to white (nothing else), then when I move that element to position using my cursor a black shadow outline, on occasion.  I have to then go into the shadow properties and turn off the outline.  This doesn't happen every time, but enough to be pretty darn annoying.   

ESRI if you are listening please review.  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I am seeing the exact same thing with my legends, although the shadow is white. Same intermittent behavior. 

0 Kudos
TonyHowze
Occasional Contributor

At least it's not just me.  Hope a patch comes soon.    

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Tony Howze‌ and Thomas Colson‌ I followed the steps described in the question above and I don't see the behavior.  I was running ArcGIS Pro 2.3 on Windows 10.  If anybody on this thread can help narrow this down beyond intermittent behavior it would be awesome.  I've asked some others to look too so we'll keep trying...

0 Kudos
TonyHowze
Occasional Contributor

Kory,

It is difficult to replicate, but I was working on layouts all day.  Copying and pasting layouts, making changes to the layouts, moving text around, moving the North arrow and scale bars.  Not sure if you can replicate if it's just a quick "test". 

I can tell you I'm running Windows 10 Pro,  below are my specs.  I've upgraded my NVIDIA Quadro P5000 driver last week.  

0 Kudos
KellyKoenig
Occasional Contributor

I see this happen occasionally, especially when I am changing the background or border color of an element. This happened before I upgraded to 2.3 as well.

Interesting to hear other people are having a similar issue! I tend to assume things that seem "buggy" are probably user error on my part, so it's nice to know I can cross this one off of that list.  

0 Kudos