Pro 2.1 Update Error

Jump to solution
01-22-2018 08:33 AM
StayMappy
New Contributor III

Since I have updated Pro to 2.1 I am unable to open any projects that were created before 2.1. Pro tries to open the older projects but eventually stops responding. Any solutions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathonGartha
New Contributor

I had this same issue immediately after upgrading to Pro 2.1. After doing a little research, I found that they threw in some extra graphics requirements for 2.1, which I was missing on my PC. The one I was missing was an OpenGL extension. Through the Dell website (I'm using a Dell PC) I was able to find updates for my graphics/video drivers. Once I installed those updates, everything worked for me again. Good luck!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Have you tried to repair your install?

0 Kudos
StayMappy
New Contributor III

It looks like I can't repair it at the moment. I am getting an error when I try to repair it. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

What is the error?  Maybe your download was corrupted 

0 Kudos
StayMappy
New Contributor III

This is what happens when I go through the Uninstall/Change function in Windows. Its not just my update, a coworker of mine is having the same problem. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Contact your in-house people then, it looks like the issue may be with permissions in your local organization.

When you do a download to a local folder, that message wouldn't appear, since the extracted msi would be on your machine

0 Kudos
JonathonGartha
New Contributor

I had this same issue immediately after upgrading to Pro 2.1. After doing a little research, I found that they threw in some extra graphics requirements for 2.1, which I was missing on my PC. The one I was missing was an OpenGL extension. Through the Dell website (I'm using a Dell PC) I was able to find updates for my graphics/video drivers. Once I installed those updates, everything worked for me again. Good luck!

StayMappy
New Contributor III

Thank you so much! This worked. I updated my graphics card through Device Manager and manually updated it. So far it is working.