Prevent Pro Table Field from Resizing

Jump to solution
04-17-2019 06:43 AM
deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR
Occasional Contributor III

Good morning GeoNet.

I have this FS table:

And I use the information in it to update a feature class.

My workflow is this:

1. Update the feature class using the information in the Detail field, and then
  2. Edit the Update Status? field from Pending to Complete. This is the field I use to indicate if the GIS update is complete. I have a definition query which removes any records where Update Status = Complete

To make the update to the feature class, I need to be able to see all the information in the Detail field.

I know I can expand the Detail field by clicking, holding the mouse down and dragging:

But the Detail field width only persists until I change the Update Status field - 

and then it reverts to its original width and I can't see all the information in the Detail field:

Any suggestions on how to force the Detail field width to persist would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

It looks like someone from an Esri distributor (Marc Graham) had the same, or at least a similar, issue way back in 2016 - see (and vote) this idea: Stop the ArcGIS Pro table view jumping around when I calculate attributes 

The current status of the idea is: In Product Plan, so maybe one day...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

It looks like someone from an Esri distributor (Marc Graham) had the same, or at least a similar, issue way back in 2016 - see (and vote) this idea: Stop the ArcGIS Pro table view jumping around when I calculate attributes 

The current status of the idea is: In Product Plan, so maybe one day...

0 Kudos
deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you. I should have RTFM before posting the question...

Marked as answered. Hopefully it'll be implemented in the near future.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

The fix for this will be in ArcGIS Pro 2.4 coming in June/July 2019.