PostGIS Layer needs to be repaired after copying Map

02-02-2022 10:49 AM
Labels (1)
RJ17
by
New Contributor II

I have a PostGIS database that I'm storing some spatial layers in that I'm displaying in my maps.  Everything works fine with these layers until I make a copy of the Map.  Every time I do have have to repair each layer and reconnect the data source.  Any ideas as to why this happens each time?  Is it an ArcMap problem or a database problem?  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KimGarbade
Occasional Contributor III

How are you making a copy of the map?  What steps are you using?

0 Kudos
RJ17
by
New Contributor II

Yes, I just copy and paste the map in the Catalog View and then rename it.  When I open the copy all of the layers from the PostGis database have the red check and need to be repaired.  To repair them, I usually just need to re-validate the query (I need to make a small modification such as a space to get the validate button to activate) and then reselect the Unique Identifier.  I'm using OID from the database as the UID.

Additionally, there are several different layers in the map that all use the same database table with a slightly different Definition query.  Each of those has to be repaired independently.  

I typically didn't see the when using a remote SQL server database but now that I've shifted to a local PostGis database it happens frequently.  

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.1 and PostgreSQL 12 for my RDBMS.  I created a query layer for a Map View.  Query layer works as expected.  I copied the Map View in the Catalog Pane to create a new Map View.  Query layer in new Map View shows broken data link and needs unique identifier reset to connect again.  I'd say this is a BUG personally.  I would recommend you contact Esri Support Services to log this as a bug so it can be addressed in a future release of ArcGIS Pro.

RJ17
by
New Contributor II

I'll try giving that a shot.  

0 Kudos