Select to view content in your preferred language

Possible Copy Label Class and Paste All Properties Bug

Jump to solution
10-21-2022 01:17 PM
CarsonG
Occasional Contributor III

Copy Label Class and Paste All Properties appears to be pasting to the label class from which the copy was done. I copied properties from the class <Null>,Underground and attempted to paste to Delete, Above ground

CarsonG_0-1666382941670.png

Instead of applying the copied properties to the selected class, it duplicates it on the class which it was copied from.

CarsonG_1-1666383023601.png

If I paste the properties from the paste properties menu individually, the properties are applied to the class.

CarsonG_2-1666383366224.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

It appears as if you are labeling different symbology in the same feature class so the label properties should have a SQL query defining which lines to label for each class.  When you copy/paste all, it also copy/pastes the SQL queries for the label class as well.  Suspect when you copy/paste all from Deleted, Above ground to Deleted, Overhead it is also pasting the SQL to only label the Above ground (thus duplicating the label).

Take a look at the SQL, and maybe temporarily turn off the other label classes until you get that one to work.  might give a better idea of what is going on.

R_

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

What version of Pro?  I have tested in 2.9.3 and 3.0.2 and seems to be working as expected.

maybe show the screenshots again but with the labeling properties open instead of the create features property so we can see what is/is not going on.  That way we can see what each label class is, and what it get's changed to.

R_

0 Kudos
CarsonG

I am using 3.0.1. I will say it appears to be applying the properties to the layer I am pasting to, however, the label itself is displaying a duplicate label for the layer it was copied from.

Copied properties from Delete, Above ground, top line in the first screenshot.

CarsonG_4-1666619573111.png

Pasting to Delete, Overhead, middle line on the map.

CarsonG_2-1666618671344.png

Properties pasted to Delete, Overhead but the label is not displaying. Again, label should be displaying for the middle line on the map.

CarsonG_3-1666619083691.png

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

It appears as if you are labeling different symbology in the same feature class so the label properties should have a SQL query defining which lines to label for each class.  When you copy/paste all, it also copy/pastes the SQL queries for the label class as well.  Suspect when you copy/paste all from Deleted, Above ground to Deleted, Overhead it is also pasting the SQL to only label the Above ground (thus duplicating the label).

Take a look at the SQL, and maybe temporarily turn off the other label classes until you get that one to work.  might give a better idea of what is going on.

R_

0 Kudos
CarsonG

It was the SQL statement. Thanks for pointing that out.

0 Kudos