Select to view content in your preferred language

Possibility to downgrade a report file (*.rptx) from Version 3.1.X to 2.9.X

05-23-2023 06:53 AM
Labels (2)
MatthiasKl
Occasional Contributor

In order to make my geoprocessing service work in our ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 environment, I'm looking for a way to downgrade a *.rptx file from version 3.1.X to 2.9.X. I'm aware of the tool Package Project where you can specify a package version. Currently I use this tool to save a *.ppkx for version 2.9, open this *.ppkx with ArcGIS Pro 2.9 and save the report file. This procedure is quite cumbersome and requires that you still have an ArcGIS Pro version 2.9 installed somewhere.

I tried to unzip the *.ppkx file and found a *.xml of my report file. According to my research, however, a rptx file is a json file with a specific schema. Report files created with version 3.X.X differ in some details from those created with version 2.9. First and foremost of course the version and build number differs:

{
  "type" : "CIMReportDocument",
  "version" : "2.9.0",
  "build" : 32739,
  "binaryReferences" : [
}

{
  "type" : "CIMReportDocument",
  "version" : "3.0.0",
  "build" : 36057,
  "binaryReferences" : [
}

Is there any other way to downgrade a report file? Changing the rptx manually with a text editor is not a viable way.

I think the lack of backward compatibility from version 3.X.X to Enterprise 10.9.X will be a problem for many companies in the future. Ideally there should be something like the Save Toolbox To Version tool but for .mapx.lyrx.rptx, and .pagx files. All these files cannot be used in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 if they were saved with ArcGIS Pro 3.X.X.

0 Replies