Popups not working properly

09-02-2022 09:28 AM
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

I am using the most recent version of ArcGIS Pro.  I primarily am using hosted feature layers but I also have a few local files and services.  When I use the explore tool to identify pop-ups I get mixed results.  When I click on something I get the identifying box that acts like its working and something even flashes that was identified but the pop-up panel stays blank.  Sometimes it will display properly but always.  I have the tool set to visible layers so I would expect in most situations to have at least 3 or  layers that should give me popup information but it usually doesn't.  I am happy to provide additional information but I wasn't sure what all would be needed to help figure this out.  I would prefer not to have a support case for this but maybe it is a bug.  

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you create a Pro project with file gdb feature classes and enterprise (SDE) layers to see if the popups work properly on those data sources?

0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

I looked into this a little bit.  I discovered I actually had some files related to SDE.  I removed those as they aren't kept updated anymore and switched to hosted feature layers.  I have some local files and some from a local geodatabase.  I still have the same behavior.  I tried switching the Explore tool to the top most layer and have no issue but of course I only get that top layer identified.  I'm wondering if the Explore tool/pop-up results have a limit on how many features it can show popups on at once.  Selected in Contents also seems to work just fine.  I really like the visible layers option as that way I don't have to worry about changing everything every time I want to get a popup for a different layer though.  

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos