Select to view content in your preferred language

Popup information not published to ArcGIS Enterprise when using Arcpy?

10-30-2020 04:26 AM
JoëlHempenius3
Occasional Contributor II

I've automated sharing my mapservices to ArcGIS Enterprise using arcpy and now I see a difference on the configured popups between the services I share manually from Pro and the services I Share using Arcpy. When I share manually, the popup information is also shared in ArcGIS Enterprise and when I configure the mapservice in a new map in ArcGIS Enterprise the popup configuration  is the same as ArcGIS Pro. When I share the service from Arcpy and add the service to a new map in ArcGIS Enterprise, there is no popup configuration and I need to do the popup configuration again in the webmap. 

Using Ago-assistant, I dug a little deeper and found the service I shared manually has a data section containing the popup configuration and the service I shared using Arcpy doesn't have this.

Screenshots to illustrate this:

The services shared manually from ArcGIS Pro has the data section bottom right with the popup info:

The service shared using Arcpy doesn't show the data item:

From the network tab in dev console I see a /data? request, but this gives a 200OK with 0 content length. 

I tried a very minimal script from this page (MapImageSharingDraft—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation )  and modified it only to publish my pro project to my server, but this gives the same result.

Does anybody know how I can publish the popupinfo with the service from Arcpy?

-Joël Hempenius.

Languages: JavaScript, Python and Dunglish
10 Replies
StephenRhea_NV5
Occasional Contributor

I'd love to peek at the github repo! I'm going through custom popups in Pro and converting them to Portal popups, so the code in the post has been a great starting point.

0 Kudos