Phantom Features in Pro

05-08-2019 11:10 AM
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

I've been having difficulties with features from other layers that are not turned on suddenly appearing when zooming in and out or otherwise navigating around the map.  They come and go, and it is particularly problematic when trying to cut and paste from one layer into another (Actually, I've stopped even trying to do that as it is so buggy).  Also after exporting features to a new feature class, they will sometimes all just disappear, except for one, even though they are shown as existing in the table, and closing down and reopening does not help.  In those cases I just give up and delete the file and re-export the data.  It is rather annoying and time-wasting.  Is this just a known problem, unsolvable on my end, or is there something I can do to reduce this behavior?

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
6 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

What version of Pro are you using?

Where is the data coming from (fGDB, Map Service, Enterprise GDB, etc.)?

Is the issue happening with the same kind of data (point, lines, etc.)?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

GDB

polygons

I have feature classes with dozens of polygons.  I edit them as necessary and export to a new feature class within the GDB.  I used to do this in ArcMap without any problems.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

Is the GDB on a network drive or local?

It does not sound like there is "too much" data there. Another option may be to contact Esri Technical Support to have them help investigate.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

local.  It's not a huge problem at this point, just kind of annoying.  The copy & paste issue is the most annoying, but luckily I don't have to do it that often.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

That is interesting. I would recommend contacting tech support to have them investigate.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

OK, will do. Thanks!

0 Kudos