Select to view content in your preferred language

Percent Coverage of overlapping polygons

Jump to solution
01-08-2024 02:38 PM
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Hi Community,

I am working to update a model.  My goal is to find the Percent Coverage of the District Boundary (Blue polygon) that is covered by the High Fire Zone (Red Polygon).  Ideally, I would like to add a field to the District Boundary with the percentage coverage ie 50%.  The logic will be used in a model throughout the city.

• Previously model ran an intersection ran between the two polygons and divided the High Fire Zone Shape_Area by District Boundary Shape_Area.  I might have been in GIS too long, and I don't fully trust the Shape_Area is automatically updated as units are edited.

RyanBohan_1-1704752798582.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IssyAmis
Esri Contributor

Hi @RyanBohan 

I believe to achieve this you should be able to use either of the following tools if you want to look into these: 

Summarize Within (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Tabulate Intersection (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

From the looks of your description, I think one of those tools should fit your workflow nicely but do let me know if you'd like any further help with specifics.

Thanks,

Issy

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IssyAmis
Esri Contributor

Hi @RyanBohan 

I believe to achieve this you should be able to use either of the following tools if you want to look into these: 

Summarize Within (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Tabulate Intersection (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

From the looks of your description, I think one of those tools should fit your workflow nicely but do let me know if you'd like any further help with specifics.

Thanks,

Issy

RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

@IssyAmis Thank you,

The Tabulate Intersections is exactly what I was looking for.  Easy to generate table, quick join and field calculation and I know the percent coverage of High Fire Zone. 

RyanBohan_0-1707957171909.png