Patchfinder for ArcGIS Pro

02-08-2017 12:23 PM
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is there an executable built for Pro to tell you what patches have been installed?  This would be similar to the Patchfinder.exe app that was created for ArcGIS for Desktop.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Hi Mike - This is all done in the 'Project' tab of ArcGIS Pro. For instance my project tab is showing that there is a patch available, as well as the current version running.

-Adam Z

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you asking because you don't know where to look or you want a convenient way to look without launching the application?

I wish Esri wouldn't use the word "patch" with ArcGIS Pro because little about the ArcGIS Pro "patches" resemble how patches worked with ArcMap.  Unlike with ArcMap, each patch that has been released for ArcGIS Pro increments the tertiary version number, e.g., ArcGIS Pro 1.4 Patch 1 increments ArcGIS Pro from release 1.4 to 1.4.1.  In many ways, I think the ArcGIS Pro patches are more like updates.

Since the connection between patch/update and version number is so direct, there really isn't a need for a Patchfinder program.  Knowing the version installed tells you everything you need to know about patches, which wasn't the case with ArcMap.