pasted surround changes location

02-11-2020 10:03 AM
DanAllison
New Contributor III

In ArcGIS Pro 2.5, if I copy a map surround item (title, for example) from one layout and paste it into another layout, the location of the surround changes. In 2.4, it pasted into exactly the same location. I'm frustrated because I then have to properties the item back into the right location on the new layout. Ideas?

2 Replies
JenniferMabee
New Contributor

Getting so frustrated over here, too! 

0 Kudos
MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III

Can someone please comment on this with a solution/explanation? I am trying to do the same thing, no matter how closely, both in zoom, etc. that two different layouts are arranged, I simply cannot get an element to land in the same spot from one layout to another, even if I duplicate the layout, why is this happening?

How can I simply copy a text box from one layout and have it land in exactly the same position on a different layout? They always seem to inexplicably shift on me...do not feel like entering coords for every text box that I copy/paste in Pro...

On another note, if I alter text in a text box, instead of staying put, the text box shifts off center with text box above for example, any way to control this?

0 Kudos