Select to view content in your preferred language

Page Query for Thematic Map Series

01-23-2024 10:20 AM
KtFriar
New Contributor

I have a Thematic Map Series that show cases of diseases per state. There is one feature class that contains all of the data for the week. Each layer in the radio group points to this FC and shows data for one disease, which is set by a Definition Query. Weekly updates will be done through a Python script.

Symbology is shown through an Unclassed Renderer. Some states have 0 cases for some diseases, which I want to show up as greyed out instead of part of the color ramp. When I have a def query of 'Cases' > 0 on each layer, the case numbers won't refresh when the new case data is brought in. The symbology Field needs to be set manually in this instance, but the numbers update fine through Python if I don't use the 'Cases' > 0 def query).

I figured one layer outside of (above) the radio group could have a def query where 'Cases' = 0 then a Page Query to only show values that match the disease name (same as page name). The def query works fine and the attribute table is showing only values of 0. The Page Query doesn't seem to do anything. It keeps showing all 0 cases for all states, rather than just the disease matched to the current page.

Are Page Queries supported for Thematic maps? I would like to avoid setting a new def query for each page that needs to be exported. Any other ideas are welcome. 

I am on ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1.

0 Kudos
0 Replies