Select to view content in your preferred language

Packaging project

Jump to solution
07-27-2022 08:14 AM
KatherineMcNulty
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have been trying to package a very simple project and keep on getting errors at the very end saying "Status: Failed ErrorMessage: General function failure" and "Status: Failed ErrorMessage: Failed to package." When I run the analysis tool there are no errors. I've tried restarting everything multiple times and I have no history items or toolboxes included. I'm not sure what I'm missing I've pasted an image of all the status messages. 

KatherineMcNulty_0-1658934716458.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Well, I guess that is one workaround. Another is making a map package. Hopefully this won't be an issue in the future!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Can you provide more details? What version of ArcGIS Pro? What does your project look like (what does it include in terms of layers)? Are all the appropriate fields filled in for the Package itself (like summary, tags, etc.)?

0 Kudos
KatherineMcNulty
New Contributor II

I'm using ArcGISPro 2.8.3. The project includes 6 feature class layers of polygons (see below-all layers have the same properties). I have projected everything and the map in the same coordinate system. I added a summary and tag, but I created them myself- both are labeled as"BasinOutlines." 

KatherineMcNulty_0-1658937608467.png

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

The next thing I would check would be any special or unique characters. I have had more things break than I care to admit due to semi-colons, parentheses, ampersands, and even commas, etc. Plus, the software doesn't always tell you why there is an error when it is related to a special character.

0 Kudos
KatherineMcNulty
New Contributor II

Thanks! I tried creating a layer package instead of project package and that worked for some reason!

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Well, I guess that is one workaround. Another is making a map package. Hopefully this won't be an issue in the future!

0 Kudos