Overwrite WebStyle

08-29-2021 11:09 PM
mody_buchbinder
Occasional Contributor III

Publish a symbol style to WebStyle is a nice option to define symbology in web applications.

The problem is that I could not find a way in Pro to overwrite existing WebStyle.

Most of my applications are using the WebStyle by ID and the id is changing every time I update the style and republish.

Is there a way to publish and keep the old ID?

Thanks

4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

would that be because they are readonly?

Styles—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
mody_buchbinder
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Dan

I am not sure I understand you.

I cannot edit such an item after it was published, there is no such option in AGOL. I can understand it, such a UI is not simple to write and that's what we have Pro for.

The problem is that Pro (unlike any other sharing that I can think about) does not have the option to change the content of wen style while keeping it's ID (overwrite)

This option exists under share of Web Layer, Locator, Web Tool, etc.

Thanks

0 Kudos
PARDDeptAdministrator
New Contributor II

I would really like to have this ability (overwrite web style) in Pro.  I can always ask to see if it is on the Road Ahead at the UC.  I push our Web styles to a HUB and don't want to create new web style each time I make a change and then update the link in HUB.

Thanks,

Allison Hardy

JenMar_
New Contributor II

I am in search of a similar answer. I work with mapbooks (map series pages) and I have multiple users pulling in the same data. 

I am wondering HOW can I make changes to a SHARED webstyle? Desired functions:

-share ("save") changes to a style in use
-Overwrite 
-refresh style button for the other users

All I can find right now, is that I need to republish my local style and have my staff delete the one they have, reload the new one I shared, and manually reupdate each feature. If there is a training on this that anyone knows about, pls let me know!

0 Kudos