Overwrite Geoprocessing Service on standalone ArcGIS Server?

Jump to solution
08-09-2021 02:07 PM
bbieb
by
Occasional Contributor

We are in the process of moving our ArcMap mxds over ArcPro and re-publishing them to our standalone ArcGIS Server.  This is being done in preparation of eventually losing the ability to publish from ArcMap (plus it forces me to use Pro more consistently).  Importing of the mxds into Pro and re-publishing the map services to AGS has gone surprising well. 

But now I am looking at our geoprocessing services.  From what I can tell, you no longer have the ability to overwrite GP services?  The only way publish is to delete the current GP services and then re-publish a new one with the same name.  Is this correct or am I missing something simple?

I did upgrade to Pro 2.8 so I could write the GP tool to a .sd file, but that still didn't give me the ability to overwrite an existing GP service.  I also ran across a few posts about modifying the manifest.xml where you change the esriServiceDefinitionType_New type to esriServiceDefinitionType_Replacement.  Although that doesn't seem like a long term solution.

ArcPro 2.8

ArcGIS Server 10.8.1

brian
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Musa_SerkanArslan
New Contributor III

I have arcgis pro 2.9 and ArcGIS server 10.9.1.  You can add standalone arcgis server to your ArcGIS Pro project. After than you can see all services in that server. Right click on your target GP service and select Overwrite option and complete the process.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Musa_SerkanArslan
New Contributor III

I have arcgis pro 2.9 and ArcGIS server 10.9.1.  You can add standalone arcgis server to your ArcGIS Pro project. After than you can see all services in that server. Right click on your target GP service and select Overwrite option and complete the process.