OUTPUT file names has colon in it and repeats the name

03-16-2024 12:36 PM
Shehasmoxy
New Contributor

So I have a strange question that's hard to describe. When I am using model builder and name the output file, when it shows up in the table of contents it has a colon in the name and repeats it, like if I was going to name it "watersheds" it would come up as watersheds:watersheds. Its been doing this a few weeks now and its annoying to have to edit each name after the fact. The layer in the geodatabase is not listed like this, it would still be something like "/Gdb/watersheds" and not /gdb/watersheds:watersheds.

I also checked and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with duplicate layers, its not like i have two layers with the same name, if that happens it adds a 1 or 2 after (like watersheds2:watersheds2 so that's not the issue. I just find this a little strange and it makes my table of contents kind of hard to read because i have to make the window bigger.

Screenshot 2024-03-16 151632.png

1 Reply
torearth
New Contributor II

I have been experiencing the same thing once I upgraded to Pro 3.1. It never used to do this to ModelBuilder outputs in previous versions. Unfortunately, I do not know how to stop this from happening, but agree it's annoying that it repeats the name! 

0 Kudos