Select to view content in your preferred language

Orthorectefying Pleiades Neo imagery in ortho workspace

09-17-2024 05:55 AM
Riwaka
by
New Contributor
I have a Pleiades Neo dataset (six tiles, Natural Colour (3 Band) Pansharpened) of a valley in Svalbard (Spitsbergen), primary data from Airbus.

Short summary of my problem: The adjusting process in the ortho workspace returns an error message which I don't know how to solve: "[Error]Cannot open the dem file of the mosaic dataset while processing the block adjustment!"

Step by step problems I have/had - maybe the error I get now has got something to do with my workarounds:

1. I build an Ortho mapping workspace, loading the pleiades neo data. But when I select the dataset arcgis returns the message, that it has created an empty mosaic dataset.
  2. Therefore I built a mosaic dataset before adding it to the ortho workspace. Here I can choose between different kinds of data types, also Pleiades neo data and ordinary raster datasets. As the Pleiades Neo Dataset I have only has three bands I went with rasters. 
  3. Next, I tried adding the data to the Mosaic Dataset using the geoprocessing tool "Add Rasters to Mosaic Dataset". In there I can, again, choose, between different data source types. If choosing Pleiades neo - it doesn't work as only ISDef or RPDef files can be added. Therefore, I went with Raster again and was able to choose all the tiff-pleiades neo files.
  4. Now using the Ortho-Workspace I choose to process the existing mosaic dataset which is then successfully added to the workspace. Using a local DEM of the region I compute some GCPs (which works). The problem shows up when I adjust the imagery: The first few processes (such as computing GCPs and Tie-points) works. But the process always stops with the same error:
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Computing Block Adjustment...
      Start Time: Dienstag, 23. Juli 2024 15:11:44
      [Error]Cannot open the dem file of the mosaic dataset while processing the block adjustment!
      [Error]Block adjustment failed!
      Failed to execute (ComputeBlockAdjustment).
      Failed at Dienstag, 23. Juli 2024 15:12:05 (Elapsed Time: 21,05 seconds)
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have googled, tried different ways of saving the DEM in different projections or using the default ESRI-dem, consulted two chatbots (both made up workflows that don't exist) and asked professors around me for help. I don't know what else to do. Do you have any ideas how to approach that differently? 
I have attached a screenshot of all the data.
0 Kudos
0 Replies