Opening multiple APRX's files at once

2 weeks ago
davidmeninger
New Contributor

Hey,

I work at office that uses multple APRX's files with different layers for each project, when we worked with the ArcMap we were able to open up to 15 MXD's files at once but now that we moved to the ArcGIS Pro we can't do that anymore, at max we are able to open 3 at once and then to open the next 3 we need to wait until those 3 finished to open and so on and so on.

Is there any solution to open more files at once?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Weird, I haven't encountered that issue.

If I need multiple instances of Pro running, I just right-click on the icon in the taskbar (Note that these are all separate blank projects)

AlfredBaldenweck_2-1714049979310.png

AlfredBaldenweck_1-1714049964797.png

0 Kudos
clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

This sounds to me like a situation where your team is still trying to function in an ArcMap world without embracing the benefits of Arc Pro. Given that Map Documents were pretty much single purpose documents, maybe your work flow needs to be adjusted to make use of using Arc Pro to its advantage. For instance, maybe many of those MXDs can exist as separate maps and layouts as needed in a single APRX. Setting your primary APRX as a template that you open into a new project should be very helpful. That said, depending on how much data is in a given map or layout you can still run into issues with lengthy times when opening one.